Islandsbanki Credit Card Travel Insurance
The travel insurance included in Islandsbanki's credit cards differs according to the type of credit card. You can see the type of coverage and benefits offered by each card in the summary below.
- You do not need to pay for your trip with the card to be covered under the card's insurance during your trip.
- For a trip in Iceland, you either have to pay half of the cost of the trip with the card, use instalment payments or book accommodation in advance and pay for it with the card to be covered under the card's insurance for damage suffered while travelling domestically. You need to complete your purchase and/or booking before setting off on your trip.
- Islandsbanki credit card insurance is valid for either 60 or 90 days.
- Some of Islandsbanki's credit cards provide coverage for damage to a rental car that is rented abroad. Here you will find more information about car rental credit card insurance.
- If you need confirmation of your credit card travel insurance, you need to call us (+354 560 5000) and provide your credit card number to get a credit card travel insurance confirmation. We do not accept credit card numbers via web chat or e-mail.
Do You Need More Coverage?
F Plus Travel Insurance
If you have F Plus Family Insurance, you can purchase F Plus Travel Insurance, a comprehensive travel insurance policy.
Insurance Terms and Other Information
The insurance terms is your contract with VIS. It is important to thoroughly read the terms and understand what is covered and what is not, before purchasing the insurance.
If you have Travel Insurance
you may also be interested in the following insurances.
Family and Home Contents Insurance
What we all have in common is that we can encounter unexpected events in life that cause damage to possessions or accidents to people. Therefore, it is important that you have appropriate coverage for your family and your belongings.
Buying a property is usually the biggest investment we make in our life. It is therefore important that we make sure that the property is properly insured to minimize the financial consequences of property damage.
All of us can make mistakes while driving or find ourselves in a situation that results in damage. Therefore, it is important to have good motor vehicle insurance.
Life and Health Insurance
No one expects to lose their health or get into a serious accident, but the fact is that it can happen to all of us. With life and health insurance, you reduce the financial consequences of damage to your health
Animals need insurance just like any other family member. We have extensive experience in insuring animals and offer several types of animal insurance for horses, dogs and cats that you can combine according to your needs.