VIS Roadside Assistance
If you have an F Plus family insurance policy, you can request VIS Roadside Assistance for your automobile by calling 560 5000.
Please call VIS Roadside Assistance if:
- The battery is dead and you need a jump start.
- You need help changing a flat tyre.
- You need help because your vehicle is out of fuel.
- You need help closing a sliding roof.
- You need help closing a side or rear hatch.
- You need help opening frozen doors or locks.
- Your vehicle is locked and you are unable to get inside.
VIS Roadside Assistance is available on main roads, connecting roads, country lanes and municipal roads. The service is not available in the highlands.
Krókur is the service provider for VIS Roadside Assistance. You can request VIS Roadside Assistance three times a year. After the third time, a fee will charged in accordance with the Krókur fee schedule.
More on VIS Roadside Assistance
- Assistance is only provided to private passenger cars that weigh less than 3.5 tonnes and/or are less than seven metres in length.
- If it is not possible to remedy the problem through on-site assistance, customers will be given the option of having a tow truck tow their car to the nearest repair shop. The cost of such transportation is not included in VIS Roadside Assistance.
- If Krókur needs to drive more than 100 kilometres to and from the location of the vehicle requiring assistance, a fee will charged according to the Krókur fee schedule for driving distances in excess of 100 kilometres.
- A fee will charged according to the Krókur fee schedule if a vehicle older than 15 years needs to be towed to a repair shop.
- Assistance with opening locked vehicles is available in the urban areas of Akranes, Greater Reykjavik, Sudurnes and Selfoss. It is also available in Akureyri.
- Day time rates apply during weekdays from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Night time and holiday rate: Applies during all weekdays from 8:00am to 5:00pm and around the clock during Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- See further information in the terms of service.
How much does it cost to use VIS Roadside Assistance
|Service||Day time rate||Night time and holiday rate|
|Fee per km outside urban area||ISK 200||ISK 210|
|Transport to repair shop|
|Urban area||ISK 6.250||ISK 11.250|
|Fee per km outside urban areas||ISK 200||ISK 210|