More About Personal Possessions Insurance
Personal Possessions Insurance is suitable as an add-on to F plus when the total value of specific items exceeds the maximum compensation of the F plus insurance. The personal possessions insurance is also a good option if you want to insure individual items but do not have F plus.
If you have F Plus, Personal Possessions Insurance is well suited to insure valuable items if the value of the items exceeds the maximum compensation amount for specified items in the F Plus contents insurance. This applies to e.g. watches and jewellery, securities and manuscripts, tools and spare parts used for commercial purposes and accessories and spare parts belonging to motor vehicles.
Personal Possessions Insurance is composed of the following four types of cover:
- Fire insurance is included in Personal Possessions Insurance and covers various losses related to fire and burns.
- Water damage insurance is an optional inclusion in Personal Possessions Insurance and covers damage due to water leaks that originate within the walls of the house.
- Burglary and robbery insurance is an optional inclusion in Personal Possessions Insurance and covers burglary losses but also robbery when items are seized with physical violence or a threat of physical violence.
- Storm insurance is an optional inclusion in Personal Possessions Insurance and covers indoor objects in storms when the wind speed exceeds 28.5 meters per second.
The insurance covers
- Damage due to fire, lightning and explosion.
- Damage due to sudden and unexpected soot from a heater or fireplace.
- Damage due to aircraft or parts falling from them.
- Damage and costs due to fire and rescue operations.
- The cost of storage or transport of items in connection with damage.
The insurance does not cover
- Damage to items that are scorched or melt in the absence of open fire.
- Damage caused by work with explosives during construction work.
- Damage due to soot or smoke that accumulates gradually during use.
- The part of the claim that falls under the deductable.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. Further information can be found in the insurance terms.
In case of discrepancy between this list and the insurance terms, the insurance terms applies.
Do You Need More Coverage?
If you have Family and Home Contents Insurance
you may also be interested in the following insurances.
Buying a property is usually the biggest investment we make in our life. It is therefore important that we make sure that the property is properly insured to minimize the financial consequences of property damage.
Life and Health Insurance
No one expects to lose their health or get into a serious accident, but the fact is that it can happen to all of us. With life and health insurance, you reduce the financial consequences of damage to your health
Are you planning a trip? Whether you are travelling for pleasure, study, work or other reasons, we recommend that you check whether you have travel insurance that suits you.
Animals need insurance just like any other family member. We have extensive experience in insuring animals and offer several types of animal insurance for horses, dogs and cats that you can combine according to your needs.