More About Windshield Insurance
If a car window needs to be replaced, your deductible is 20% of the cost. If the window can be repaired without replacing the window, you do not pay any deductible.
You do not have to notify us of car window damage; instead, you simply take the car to the nearest approved windshield repair service that is in partnership with us. The repair service will notify the damage to us and if the window is replaced, you pay the deductible at the repair service.
Car window repair
- If the damage covers a smaller area than the size of a 100 krónur coin, there is a good chance that it can be repaired without replacing the car window.
- We recommend that you place a car window sticker over the damaged area as soon as possible to protect against dirt and moisture. This increases the chance that the repair will be successful.
- It is a good idea to keep a car window sticker in the glove compartment. Contact us and we will send you a sticker.
- If the damage can be repaired, we will pay for the repairs in full.
Car window replacement
- It is necessary to replace the car window in the event of major damage or if the damage is in the driver's line of sight.
- If a car window needs to be replaced, your deductible is 20% of the cost.
The insurance covers
- Damage to the windshield, side or rear windows of your vehicle as well as the cost of installing a new window.
The insurance does not cover
- Damage to sunroofs and glass roofs.
- Windows that break during removal or installation.
- Windows that are merely chipped or scratched.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. Further information can be found in the insurance terms.
In case of discrepancy between this list and the insurance terms, the insurance terms applies.
If you have Vehicle Insurance
you may also be interested in the following insurances.
Family and Home Contents Insurance
What we all have in common is that we can encounter unexpected events in life that cause damage to possessions or accidents to people. Therefore, it is important that you have appropriate coverage for your family and your belongings.
Buying a property is usually the biggest investment we make in our life. It is therefore important that we make sure that the property is properly insured to minimize the financial consequences of property damage.
Life and Health Insurance
No one expects to lose their health or get into a serious accident, but the fact is that it can happen to all of us. With life and health insurance, you reduce the financial consequences of damage to your health
Animals need insurance just like any other family member. We have extensive experience in insuring animals and offer several types of animal insurance for horses, dogs and cats that you can combine according to your needs.