More About Sickness Insurance
Sickness Insurance is made up of two types of protection: disability benefits and a daily allowance. You can choose to purchase just one type of coverage or both.
- If you get an illness that leads to disability, you will receive benefits if your Health Insurance includes disability coverage.
- If the illness results in a permanent medical disability assessed at 25% or more, your benefits will be paid out in a lump sum.
- If the illness results in a permanent medical disability that is assessed at 100%, you will be paid the entire amount of the benefits, while a proportional percentage of the benefits will be paid if the disability is less than 100%.
- If you get an illness that results in you not being able to do your job, you will receive a daily allowance if your Sickness Insurance includes the provision of a daily allowance.
- If you temporarily lose 50% or more of your work capacity, you will receive a daily allowance from the end of the waiting period if you are unable to work according to the assessment of a doctor or until a disability assessment has taken place.
- The waiting period is the amount of time you need to wait before you will receive benefits.
The insurance provides
- Compensation if the illness causes permanent medical disability.
- A daily allowance if the illness causes temporary loss of work capacity.
The insurance does not provide
- Compensation or a daily allowance if the illness had shown symptoms before the insurance took effect.
- Compensation or a daily allowance if the illness is caused by indoor tanning, medical treatment, surgery or the use of medication, unless the treatment is on the advice of a doctor due to an insured illness and performed at an approved health institution.
- Compensation or a daily allowance if the illness is caused by the consumption of alcohol or narcotics.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. Further information can be found in the insurance terms.
In case of discrepancy between this list and the insurance terms, the insurance terms applies.
Do You Need More Coverage?
Critical Illness Insurance
No one expects to lose their health due to a serious illness, but the fact is that it can happen to all of us. Critical Illness Insurance provides financial protection and ensures that you will receive compensation if you are diagnosed with any of the diseases covered by the insurance.
If you have Life and Health Insurance
you may also be interested in the following insurances.
Family and Home Contents Insurance
What we all have in common is that we can encounter unexpected events in life that cause damage to possessions or accidents to people. Therefore, it is important that you have appropriate coverage for your family and your belongings.
Buying a property is usually the biggest investment we make in our life. It is therefore important that we make sure that the property is properly insured to minimize the financial consequences of property damage.
Animals need insurance just like any other family member. We have extensive experience in insuring animals and offer several types of animal insurance for horses, dogs and cats that you can combine according to your needs.