Motorcycle Protective Gear Insurance
More about Motorcycle Protective Gear Insurance
Protective Gear Insurance compensates damage to protective gear associated with use of the motorcycle. The insurance also covers loss of protective gear if it is stolen in a burglary or damaged in water- or fire damage.
The insurance applies to specialised protective gear associated with the use of the motorcycles, i.e. motorcycle outfits, helmets, gloves, guards and boots. The insurance also covers clothing that you wear underneath the protective gear when damage occurs.
The insurance is also available for trials bikes, dirt bikes and motocross bikes but then the insurance only covers damage to the equipment if it is stolen in a burglary or suffers water- or fire damage.
- The maximum insurance amount of protective gear is ISK 450,000.
- The insurance does not apply in driving competition.
The insurance covers
- Damage to protective gear that occurs in connection with use of a motorcycle.
- Loss of protective gear that is stolen in a burglary.
- Damage caused by water or fire.
The insurance does not cover
- Damage to protective gear attributable to normal wear and tear or defects.
- Damage to protective gear that only causes appearance defects but does not reduce the usefulness of the equipment.
- Damage to protective gear that occurs in connection with use of motocross bikes, dirt bikes or trials bikes.
- Damage to protective gear that occurs in a driving competition or training for such competition.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. Further information can be found in the policy wording.
In case of discrepancy between this list and the policy wording, the policy wording applies.