Leisure Time Accident Insurance
More About Leisure Time Accident Insurance
We define accidents as follows
- Bodily accident: Sudden external event causing injury.
- Accident of limbs: Sudden event causing injury.
If you receive benefits due to permanent disability or temporary loss of working capacity, you will also be reimbursed for domestic medical expenses for the same accident. Domestic medical expenses are also paid for children under the age of 16, even if there is no permanent disability. Domestic medical expenses must be approved by the Icelandic Health Insurance.
If you have Leisure Time Accident Insurance and are going to participate in a competition abroad or engage in risky leisure activities abroad, you can in most cases buy protection for short-term special risks.
Leisure Time Accident Insurance is included in our F Plus 2, 3 and 4 packages. However, there is a difference in the amount of compensation, the deductible amount and the extent of protection depending on which F plus package you choose.
The insurance covers
- Bodily accidents due to sudden external events.
- Accidents of limbs due to sudden events.
- Accidents in leisure time, while performing domestic tasks, at school or during general sports activities if they lead to tooth fracture, temporary loss of working capacity, permanent medical disability or death.
- Domestic medical expenses if benefits are paid due to permanent medical disability or temporary loss of working capacity.
- Domestic medical expense for children under the age of 16 due to accidents.
- Accidents in competition or accidents in training before competition for 16 years and younger.
- Accidents caused by a moped in category I, e.g. electric scooter under 50cc.
- Accidents that occur during public participation in a competition or training for a competition in golf, street cycling, triathlon, cross-country running or street running.
The insurance does not cover
- Accidents caused by vehicles subject to registration that require insurance.
- Accidents in martial arts and combat sports for 16 years and older.
- Motorsports accidents for 16 years and older.
- Accidents during abseiling, rock, mountain and ice climbing.
- Accidents during mountain climbing of any kind over 4,000 meters above sea level.
- Diving accidents at depths of more than 10 meters.
- Accidents in hot-air balloons, paragliding, hang gliding, gliding and microlight aviation as well as other similar activities.
- Accidents in bungee jumping, parachuting and BASE jumping as well as other similar activities.
- Aviation accidents except scheduled or charter flights.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. Further information can be found in the policy wording.
In case of discrepancy between this list and the policy wording, the policy wording applies.