Comprehensive Collision Insurance
More About Comprehensive Collision Insurance
- When you purchase Comprehensive Collision Insurance, you can choose the amount of the deductible, which is the amount you pay if you suffer damage. We then pay the difference between the deductible and the total damage. The amount of the deductible affects the premium, so that the higher the deductible, the lower the premium. It is most common for our customers to choose a deductible in the range of ISK 90,000 - 140,000.
- We also offer a partial Comprehensive Collision Insurance, which is a good option for tractors and other vehicles that are rarely used in urban areas.
- The Comprehensive Collision Insurance is valid in Iceland and when travelling within the European Economic Area and Switzerland for up to 92 days from the date of departure. If the trip lasts longer than 92 days, the period of validity can be extended for a fee.
The insurance covers
- Vehicle damage due to sudden, external events, not excluded in the insurance terms.
- Vehicle damage due to fire.
- Theft and vandalism of the vehicle or parts thereof.
- Cost of salvage or transport to the nearest repair shop if the vehicle becomes unfit to drive due to compensable damage.
The insurance does not cover
- Damage to the vehicle, together with all the machinery and electrical equipment found there, if the vehicle was driving on country roads or main roads in the highlands and the damage is due to this.
- Damage to the vehicle's paintwork due to being hit by stones flying off the road.
- Damage to the vehicle's accessories, unless otherwise agreed.
- Damage to the vehicle due to participation in a driving competition or during training in a driving sport, whether or not the training is for a competition.
- Damage to the vehicle due to pets.
- Damage to trailers or other devices that have been connected or attached to the vehicle.
- Damage due to drifting of loose minerals, e.g. sand, gravel or soil.
- Damage to wheels that is only cosmetic.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. Further information can be found in the insurance terms.
In case of discrepancy between this list and the insurance terms, the insurance terms applies.
Do You Need More Coverage?
Insurance Terms and Other Information
The insurance terms is your contract with VIS. It is important to thoroughly read the terms and understand what is covered and what is not, before purchasing the insurance. We point out that the information document contains a brief summary of the main aspects of the insurance. Further information about the insurance can be found in the insurance terms.
If you have Vehicle Insurance
you may also be interested in the following insurances.
Family and Home Contents Insurance
What we all have in common is that we can encounter unexpected events in life that cause damage to possessions or accidents to people. Therefore, it is important that you have appropriate coverage for your family and your belongings.
Buying a property is usually the biggest investment we make in our life. It is therefore important that we make sure that the property is properly insured to minimize the financial consequences of property damage.
Life and Health Insurance
No one expects to lose their health or get into a serious accident, but the fact is that it can happen to all of us. With life and health insurance, you reduce the financial consequences of damage to your health
Are you planning a trip? Whether you are travelling for pleasure, study, work or other reasons, we recommend that you check whether you have travel insurance that suits you.
Animals need insurance just like any other family member. We have extensive experience in insuring animals and offer several types of animal insurance for horses, dogs and cats that you can combine according to your needs.