More About Stallion Infertility Insurance
If you have this insurance, you will receive compensation if the stallion suffers permanent infertility due to illness or accident. Compensation is only paid after the stallion has been castrated. If no mare has been impregnated by the stallion, the insurance amount will be paid in full. If the pregnancy rate was 10% or less during the last period of use, 75% of the insurance amount will be paid.
- Period of purchase: When a horse is 3-15 years old.
- Insurance amount: The insurance amount of Stallion Infertility Insurance is an optional amount. It is good to keep in mind that the compensation can never exceed the market value of the horse as it stands on the day of the accident. The insurance amount is stated on the quote, the insurance policy and the renewal receipt.
- Duration: Once the horse reaches the age of 15, the insurance is cancelled and will not be renewed.
Stallion Infertility Insurance can only be purchased as part of life insurance.
You can get a quote online. It is necessary to include a certificate from a veterinarian about the general health of the horse. The certificate must be less than 30 days old and the veterinarian must prepare the certificate on a form provided by VIS. You can attach the certificate to the quote request or send it to email@example.com.
The insurance covers
- If the stallion suffers permanent infertility due to illness or accident
- If the stallion did not get any mare into foal during the period of use.
The insurance does not cover
- Loss of use due to pre-existing diseases or accidents that occurred before the insurance took effect.
- Loss of use due to diseases that a horse gets within 20 days of the insurance taking effect.
- Loss of use due to problems related to genetic conditions.
- Loss of use due to temperament problems.
- Loss of use due to spavin.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. Further information can be found in the insurance terms.
In case of discrepancy between this list and the insurance terms, the insurance terms applies.
Do You Need More Coverage?
Limited Horse Life Insurance
Limited Horse Life Insurance is a good insurance policy for anyone who owns a horse for recreation purposes. If you have this insurance, you will receive compensation if the horse dies as a result of an accident or illness, if immediate euthanasia is recommended by a veterinarian or if the horse is lost and is not found within 4 months despite a search.
If you have Animal Insurance
you may also be interested in the following insurances.
Family and Home Contents Insurance
What we all have in common is that we can encounter unexpected events in life that cause damage to possessions or accidents to people. Therefore, it is important that you have appropriate coverage for your family and your belongings.
Buying a property is usually the biggest investment we make in our life. It is therefore important that we make sure that the property is properly insured to minimize the financial consequences of property damage.
Life and Health Insurance
No one expects to lose their health or get into a serious accident, but the fact is that it can happen to all of us. With life and health insurance, you reduce the financial consequences of damage to your health
Are you planning a trip? Whether you are travelling for pleasure, study, work or other reasons, we recommend that you check whether you have travel insurance that suits you.