Limited Horse Life Insurance
More About Limited Horse Life Insurance
Limited Horse Life Insurance is included in Riding Horse Insurance and Broodmare Insurance, but you can also purchase this insurance separately.
- Period of purchase: You can purchase this insurance until the horse is 15 years old.
- Insurance amount: The insurance amount of Limited Horse Life Insurance is an optional amount. It is good to keep in mind that the compensation can never exceed the market value of the horse as it stands on the day of the accident. The insurance amount is stated in the insurance policy and the renewal receipt. The insurance amount will remain unchanged until the horse reaches the age of 19 years, after which it will decrease by 20% annually.
- Duration: Once the horse reaches the age of 23, the insurance is cancelled and will not be renewed.
Group life insurance is available for 15 horses or more, in which case the maximum insured amount for each horse is ISK 2 million.
You can get a quote online. If the insurance amount exceeds ISK 1,000,000 it is necessary to include a certificate from a veterinarian about the general health of the horse. The certificate must be less than 30 days old and the veterinarian must prepare the certificate on a form provided by VIS. You can attach the certificate to the quote request or send it to email@example.com.
The insurance covers
- If the horse dies from an illness or accident.
- If immediate euthanasia is recommended by a veterinarian.
- If the horse is lost and is not found within 4 months despite a search.
The insurance does not cover
- Death or euthanasia due to pre-existing diseases or accidents that occurred before the insurance took effect.
- Death or euthanasia due to diseases that a horse gets within 20 days of the insurance taking effect.
- Death or euthanasia due to temperament problems.
- Death or euthanasia due to tetanus if the horse has not been adequately vaccinated.
- Death or euthanasia due to spavin or other movement problems.
- Death or euthanasia due to lameness.
- Death or euthanasia due to physical development problems.
- Death or euthanasia due to bone tissue fracture, decalcification, sclerosis or arthritis.
- Death or euthanasia due to persistent respiratory problems or persistent problems that suddenly become serious.
- Euthanasia on the instruction of a public authority.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. Further information can be found in the insurance terms.
In case of discrepancy between this list and the insurance terms, the insurance terms applies.
Do You Need More Coverage?
If you have Animal Insurance
you may also be interested in the following insurances.
Family and Home Contents Insurance
What we all have in common is that we can encounter unexpected events in life that cause damage to possessions or accidents to people. Therefore, it is important that you have appropriate coverage for your family and your belongings.
Buying a property is usually the biggest investment we make in our life. It is therefore important that we make sure that the property is properly insured to minimize the financial consequences of property damage.
Life and Health Insurance
No one expects to lose their health or get into a serious accident, but the fact is that it can happen to all of us. With life and health insurance, you reduce the financial consequences of damage to your health