More About Cat Health Insurance
- Period of purchase: When a cat is between the age of 8 weeks and 5 years.
- Insurance amount: The insurance amount of Cat Health Insurance is a fixed amount which is stated on the quote, the insurance policy and the renewal receipt. The insurance amount will remain unchanged until the cat reaches the age of 7 years, after which it will decrease by 20% annually.
- Duration: Once the cat reaches the age of 10, the insurance is cancelled and will not be renewed.
- Own risk: You must pay a deductible in respect of each loss for which you are compensated under the Cat Health Insurance. Your deductible is a fixed amount plus 10% of the medical costs. You do not need to pay the fixed amount again in respect of medical costs, regardless of the number of visits to the veterinarian, until 100 days have passed since the first visit. Details of your deductible can be found on the quote, the insurance policy and the renewal receipt.
You can get a quote online. It is necessary to include a certificate from a veterinarian about the general health of the cat. The certificate must be less than 30 days old and the veterinarian must prepare the certificate on a form provided by VIS. You can attach the certificate to the quote request or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is not sufficient to submit a vaccination certificate or a certificate from an animal quarantine facility.
The insurance covers
- Medical cost for examination and treatment due to illness or accident.
- The cost of a caesarean section which is medically necessary, but never more than two per female cat.
- The cost of castration or sterilization that are medically necessary due to certain diseases.
- The cost of plastic surgery which is medically necessary.
- The cost of treatment of teeth that break due to an accident.
The insurance does not cover
- Costs due to pre-existing diseases or accidents that occurred before the insurance took effect.
- The cost of preventive procedures and regular examinations.
- Costs due to mental illness, behavioural disorders or temperament defects.
- Costs due to a surcharge on medical expenses if the assistance of a veterinarian is requested outside daytime working hours unless there is an urgent need.
- The cost of MRI and CT scans.
- Costs due to gum disease, dental care, dental repairs or dental defects.
- Costs due to fodder, supplements and health- and hygiene products.
- Cost due to travel and transportation for treatment and inspection.
- Cost due to physiotherapy and rehabilitation.
- Cost due to prescriptions, invoices, certificates or medical records.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. Further information can be found in the insurance terms.
In case of discrepancy between this list and the insurance terms, the insurance terms applies.
Do You Need More Coverage?
Cat Loss of Use Insurance
Cat Loss of Use Insurance is a good insurance policy for anyone who owns a cat that is used for breeding. If you have this insurance, you will receive compensation if the cat loses its ability for breeding. Compensation will not be paid until the cat has been castrated. You can only purchase Cat Loss of Use Insurance as part of Cat Life Insurance.
Cat Care Insurance
Cat Care Insurance is a good insurance policy for all cat owners. If you have this insurance, you will receive compensation for the placement and care of a cat in an animal hotel if you cannot care for it at home due to a temporary illness or accident to members of the household.
If you have Animal Insurance
you may also be interested in the following insurances.
Family and Home Contents Insurance
What we all have in common is that we can encounter unexpected events in life that cause damage to possessions or accidents to people. Therefore, it is important that you have appropriate coverage for your family and your belongings.
Buying a property is usually the biggest investment we make in our life. It is therefore important that we make sure that the property is properly insured to minimize the financial consequences of property damage.
Life and Health Insurance
No one expects to lose their health or get into a serious accident, but the fact is that it can happen to all of us. With life and health insurance, you reduce the financial consequences of damage to your health