More about Additional Fire Insurance
- Have you ever requested a new fire insurance assessment from Registers Iceland after renovating or extending your property only to discover that the new assessment does not cover the reconstruction cost?
- Additional Fire Insurance covers the difference that may exist between the fire insurance assessment and the reconstruction cost of the property. The insurance amount should ideally be sufficient to fully restore the property to its previous condition after a fire. Damage that exceeds the official fire insurance assessment will be compensated.
- It is common for banks to require borrowers to provide proof of additional fire insurance if the amount of the loan is higher than the property's fire insurance assessment.
The insurance covers
- Fire damage.
- Sudden accumulation of soot.
- Fall of aircraft on the property.
- Firefighting and rescue operations to avoid or limit damage.
The insurance does not cover
- Damage caused by items burning or melting if there is no fire.
- Damage from soot or smoke that has accumulated gradually. For example, soot from a chimney or candles.
- Indirect damage due to fire, including operating loss, delay in production or delivery of goods, loss of rental income and the like.
- The cost of cleaning up waste or toxins in the environment or soil following an insured event.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. Further information can be found in the insurance terms.
In case of discrepancy between this list and the insurance terms, the insurance terms applies.
Do You Need More Coverage?
If you have Property Insurance
you may also be interested in the following insurances.
Family and Home Contents Insurance
What we all have in common is that we can encounter unexpected events in life that cause damage to possessions or accidents to people. Therefore, it is important that you have appropriate coverage for your family and your belongings.
Life and Health Insurance
No one expects to lose their health or get into a serious accident, but the fact is that it can happen to all of us. With life and health insurance, you reduce the financial consequences of damage to your health
Are you planning a trip? Whether you are travelling for pleasure, study, work or other reasons, we recommend that you check whether you have travel insurance that suits you.
Animals need insurance just like any other family member. We have extensive experience in insuring animals and offer several types of animal insurance for horses, dogs and cats that you can combine according to your needs.